Monday, June 2, 2014

In lieu of an Introduction


 N.B. Nair I have been trying to understand the real Mr. Ish Mishra in the very short time, since we met. Is it a poet, teacher, communicator, political ideologist or everything rolled into one...???

Its really difficult to define a person, particularly oneself. I have been an enigma to myself as an ordinary human being like anyone else. I have never been a supporter of Platonic functional specialization. Why a political commentator cant write a poetry? Or why a writer cant do acting or vice-verse? I am temperamentally and professionally a teacher seeking to provoke; instigate; encourage and promote unceasing application of mind and questioning anything and everything to comprehend and change the world among my formal-informal students. I am a communicator seeking to demystify the ideological myths of capitalism and contribute my bit in radicalization of the social consciousness within the limits of my capacity and accessibility of public spaces. Lastly no one is apolitical so I cant be. My politics is to support the ideas, agitations and institutions that aim against injustices against the oppressed and marginalized and at eventually establishment of an egalitarian society free from exploitation and domination -- an Utopia -- everything remains an utopia till it realizes itself. In 1950s, an Afro-American becoming US President would have been considered an Utopia.

No comments:

Post a Comment