Tuesday, May 27, 2014

DU 9

Savita Jha Khan "Its a monster who laughs at others' expense! You are hardly a kavi or whatever!"  I don't claim to be Kavi or whatever. I do not laugh at anybody's expense nor am I a supporter  of any of the existing groups in DUTA politics and am staunch supporter of teachers being continued as adhocs instead of the posts being filled on regular basis but I am opposed to attempts to weaken the DUTA on the behest of the University authorities. I am laughing at your gratitude to a group/individual hobnobbing with the previous government responsible for present state of affairs and with the dictatorial  administration and sowing disunity in the teaching community by targeting the teachers' union instead of authorities. I am one of the worst sufferers of high handedness and fiefdom of jobs in the university. I had been appearing for interviews in this university for 14 years for the obduracy of not having a God father (as an atheist have no God so no God father) and accidentally got the job at the age of 41.  No lamenting, as I know that 99% jobs are given on extra academic considerations, if you are academically competent too, that's added qualification. Till 1989 there used to be interview in the department for adhoc panel of 30 and my name always figured in the first 10 since 1981 but never got an adhoc job. In a rarest of the rare "accident" of coincidences got a job in 1995. I am 15-16 years  junior in service to "talented" people  15-16 years younger to me. I had no 2 job priorities and feel fortunate to eventually get one.  As I said no lamenting. Question is not that I got it late but other way round, how could I get it? Please widen your perspective beyond the self interest.  Rethink about your monster adjective, though it does not say anything on my part.

No comments:

Post a Comment