Sunday, October 13, 2013

दलित विमर्श ६

Not the misuse but religion has been always used  for oppression of the oppressed and has alwyas been mot effective tool in the hands of the ruling classes. But many Dalits, particularly placed in the comfort zones  who  inadvertently target other egalitarian ideologies, effectively help the Brahmanical cause, that is why I call therm neo-Brahmins. I know the experienced reality is more authentic but it is not necessary that those who experience the oppression (here the casteists oppression) can articulate it eequally authentically. I  am arguing against Varnashram on a Delhi UNIVERSITY FORUM and being abused by Sanghis and being advised to change my name. I have witnessed the functional Varnashram(Brahmanical) feudalism in my student days (1960s-70s), though from the other side of the fence and that has acted as catalyst in the process of my being critical to religion and moving from ritualistic believer to authentic atheist. One has no say in where one is born that is result of a biological accident, therefore one  needs not be proud or ashamed of it, what is important is how you comprehend the history despite the biological accident of birth. This kind of intolerance should be avoided for the greater cause. We are co-travellers in the service of humanity. Nitin kind of people don't read what I write but react adversally by just reading Mishra of my name. Others read what I write then have cultural shock and advise me not to write Mishra in my name. I can understand Nitin's reaction but many pro-corporate Dalit activists do not attack Brahmanical (in tacit alliance with it) values as they attack leftism, they are in my opinion authentic neo-Brahmins. In my above comment I was making fun of religion and rediculing some thing is more effective way than its negation.

No comments:

Post a Comment