Friday, February 21, 2020

Knowledge & Education 44 (friendliness with students)

Saurabh Raj A teacher, who bullies students or has any sense of vengeance against any student for whatsoever reason looses the eligibility to be a teacher. Many mathematics teachers are un-mathematical in their approach. A teacher, of whatever subject, must be friendly with students as with a good rapport between teacher and students communication becomes smooth and meaningful. Some of my old students would express gratitude on meeting for being friendly with them. My response used to be that there are 2 reasons -- first, they did not cause me any damage that I should be unfriendly and second, in my own self-interest, as you can enjoy any relationship in real sense of happiness, if it is democratic, at par and transparent. Many teachers and parents unable to comprehend the pleasure of parity remain unfriendly with students and children and suffer and cause perpetual tension.

No comments:

Post a Comment