Saturday, September 6, 2014

DU 42

This comment is bit personalized but its relevance is public .Continued adhocism defies the definition of the term. In principles, I am against regularization of adhocs through the formality of selection committee, which becomes a farce. University should pass an ordinance of regularization of adhocs who have been teaching for certain number of years. It would save the non-adhocs due to lacking in networking skill from the trouble of buying the form (they are sold for money now), coming all the way for the interview and being frustrated with the sense he sense of dejection owing to rejection due to prevalent system of job fixing by the Godfathers/mothers, who being unable to transcend personal considerations,. do not deserve to be teachers. I appeared for interviews in this and other universities for almost a decade and half and had been more than satisfied in each. everywhere either someone would already be teaching as adhoc or some very "talented" son of some big man needed that job apart from sons/daughters; Godsons/daughters of the Godfathers. Being an atheist, I have no God so cant have a Godfather. I never got any adhoc job in this university though my name was often in the 1st 10 in the panel of 30 prepared by the department after the interview for many years. I never got any sense of dejection as within couple of years, I became aware of the phenomenon of job fixing and also because I could manage to take care of my family with dignity without begging, stealing and kneeling from the intellectual labor market. If some one says that there has been injustice with me that I got a job so late, despite having no 2nd job priority. My answer would be that I should complain of injustice if it was a just society. We carry the posters that its an unjust society and lets change it at earliest. As far as getting it late is concerned, question is other way round. How could I get it at all? I feel fortunate to be a teacher at whatever age.

   I have observed many adhocs including those who may be competent teachers, paying more attention in pleasing the seniors, particularly present and next Teachers-in-charge. I do not blame them but the seniors. I tell my adhoc colleagues( I am teacher-in-charge) that they can please me by their work and take students views as authentic and the work (reading and research) would be their long term asset. But the habits die hard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment