Saturday, September 6, 2014

DU 43

Savita Jha Khan  It was no trauma. As I said in just 2nd-3rd year after I started applying, I had come to know that most of the jobs are already fixed, yet I would go for the interviews to show my face, whenever I did not have better things to do. It was cathartic and empowering. I did not feel any frustration while sitting on the other side of the table but I felt frustrated siting on this side of the table as teacher-in-charge by virtue of rotation. I will share the experiences some time. I will also write an anthology of my interviews, again some time. They (profesors) had/have no guts to morally stand me. I met recently a retired Prof/HOD(by character, a horrible, corrupt DAROGA). He said, "Mr. Mishra, a retired professor is like a dog". I replied, "Prof.  ....a dog is always a dog, whether in service or retired."
I could have got a job at least  a decade had I followed the norms. But I haven't been "normal" from childhood. There was a VC for 4 years whom I had first name address term with. And He liked obliging people but then I would be doing the same that I am opposed to. Your priciples are best tested when they apply to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment