Sunday, November 5, 2017

Thanks Sugandha

I am sharing the biggest compliment of life as a teacher from a wonderful student (2000 or 2001 batch),presently a professor at Chanakya Law University. I shall refrain from going into my experiences with her, otherwise the preface would overshadow the text. I "envied" her for her focused observation; scholarly discipline and intellectual patience. Once I had told her, "I wish, I had your kind of scholarly discipline."

"Sugandha Sugandha Ish, i must tell you your problem....you are a child with your students, you love them and i feel, you need them to love you back... you are sentimental, you are extremely involved, you want to break all barriers that confound a teacher student relationship...being a student of yours, i feel, some students may not have liked it given that they have been used to a stereotypical notion of a teacher. You have been unsurpassed in breaking the barrier between a teacher and a student,...in the process some may have got hurt because they may have misunderstood and some may have hurt you...some may not have matched with your passion for the issues you care about......for me... you are the old man young at heart and i have immense gratitude for you.. and though i do not completely match your intellectual caliber and your passion, nevertheless, for me, you are one of the few people who helped me overcome my mediocrity. I hope i get opportunity to meet you and share with you at length my experiences in Hindu and so many things i have not shared with you ..much love"
Like · Reply · 2 · 10 hrs
Manage
Ish Mishra
Ish Mishra I am so touched by this great comment from a very dear student of mine. Thanks dear, solidarity is magnified in the crisis. I had felt honored when you had discussed some of your intellectual confusions from London as a law student, on gmail if you remeber! Thanks Sugandha, your this little piece is monumental compliment for me as a teacher. You have perfectly defined me, as a teacher that I was unable to. Once again, thanks a lot dear, I am so touched that tears automatically are rolling down the cheeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment