Friday, July 27, 2012

लल्ला पुराण १९


Virendra Pratap Singh, Sir! I will deal with your specific question on "I", here I am quoting here, the beginning and few more sentences from what was a term paper for my M Phil course, "The Concept of Man in Political Theory", which was published as chapter in an edited book: "Why should a man ask the question what he is? But it has been the recurring theme of philosophical concern. On occasions, when society was stable and politics quite, they answered it with a flair of finality .............. But this finality was questioned, doubted and replaced by new ones that appeared adequate for the new age. ........ Philosophy appeared to Hegel as the story of self recognition; man's attempt to know what man is. To define him in terms of constants is an insult because he could have become more than what he is".

Now coming to the facts of our common knowledge, you know that I came to Delhi almost with nothing in 1976 at the age of 21 to live underground and reached JNU sand joined it after emergency. You must have noticed during your visits to JNU for your interviews etc that when I was doing my MA in Political Science, I was also the financial guardian of my younger brother whom I had got admitted in a 5 years MA course in French. Had i not needed to spend my afternoons and evenings(no regret all these experiences are my strength) in travelling in DTC buses and teaching mathematics that would not add any thing tonmy knowledge to moneyed children of South Delhi's posh colonies, I would have spent that time in and around library, in romance, in theater, ........ But one has to confront the situations as they come to you.

Sir! You also know that when I was doing my research in Political Science in JNU WITH A UGC FELLOWSHIP, I was teaching mathematics to XI/XII classes at DPS, RK PURAM, New DElhi. As I decided to confront all the kinsmen for the education of my sister whom they were planning to get married off at 15, got her admitted in Vanasthali Viduyapeeth in Rajasthan from where she did her MA and B.Ed and is presently a school teacher in a good school in Delhi. That time I was into full time activism in 4 things -- teacher-student-AVARA-activist.

No comments:

Post a Comment