Sunday, October 23, 2022

Atheism

 On an old post (2018) on religion in general someone commented that I should read Islamic history to know Islam. I told him that I don't need to read or know the history of Islam or any other religion. Then he accused me of abusing Islam without knowing it and got fits of left paralleling Hindutva rightists. To that:


I am an atheist but don't abuse anyone's faith/devotion. Islam is also a religion created by human beings according to historical needs of their context. My question is very simple was/were there God/Gods before the advent of Islam? Are the Gods of those not following Islam different and inferior? Are the Gods of Shia and Sunni the same? If so, what is the conflict about? Similar arguments are given by Hindu fanatics. Discuss communism on a separate thread. All kinds of fundamentalists get fits of communism.

No comments:

Post a Comment