Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Academic fiefdom.

One friend on a Facebook forum asked a question , what should academically oriented scholars, not having a God father should do? Should he turn into a Naxcalite? This was my answer to that. unfortunately most of them do not turn into revolutionary, otherwise also, one becomes revolutionary out of choice not out of compulsion. Many look for a God father others look for other options including earning livelihood from intellectual labor market, as in capitalism, all of us, except the professional revolutionaries and capitalists,are condemned to do some alienated labor. In my last days in Allahabad I zeroed in on one priority. And did not posses any extra-academic qualification and had long been an authentic atheist and therefore no God and hence no Godfather.I will write anthology of my interviews lasting for more than 13-14 years. I openly say that 99.9% of teaching jobs are given on extra-academic considerations, if you are academically competent also, that is added qualification..1% accidentally, as I could get one at a relatively very late stage. If some one says that its been unjust that I got the job so late. I tell them, its other way round, question is, how could I get it at all. The solution is to make Professors conscientiousness and ethical and students as young radical brigands, ever-vigilantist.

No comments:

Post a Comment